Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Hannah Bowman of Liza Dawson Associates) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Hannah: She joined Liza Dawson Associates in 2011. Hannah has a B.A. from Cornell University, summa cum laude in English and magna cum laude in Mathematics. While a student, she spent four summers working in particle physics at Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, before eventually deciding her true interest was books. Before joining Liza Dawson Associates, Hannah interned briefly with agent Weronika Janczuk, now of Lynn C. Franklin Associates. In her free time, she writes her own fiction (mostly science fiction and fantasy) and plays the organ.
She is seeking: Hannah specializes in commercial fiction, especially science fiction and fantasy, women’s fiction, cozy mysteries, romance and young adult. She seeks nonfiction in the areas of mathematics, science and spirituality.
How to contact: She prefers to see only a query letter first, by email to queryhannah (at)lizadawsonassociates.com. You may also mail your query to: Hannah Bowman, Liza Dawson Associates
350 Seventh Avenue, Suite 2003, New York, NY 10001.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- New Literary Agent Seeking Clients: Pooja Menon of Kimberley Cameron & Associates.
- 5 Things Agents Can Do to Make Writers’ Lives Easier
- From Self-Published Memoir to Traditional Book Deal.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.