About Gordon: He started as an intern with Andrea Hurst Literary Management, a Sacramento-based agency, and has now been promoted to full agent. Recently, he attended the 2009 San Francisco Writers Conference and the 2009 Jack London Writers Conference. E-mail: email@example.com.
Nonfiction areas of interest: Memoir, Pets, Cookbooks, Self-Help, Current Events, Humor, How-To, Health and Dieting.
Fiction areas of interest: Commercial Narrative, Character-Driven Literary, Monster and Disaster, Pets, Humor. Does not want to receive: Religious Fiction, Women’s Fiction, New Age, Children’s and YA.
How to Submit: “Please query one agent only from this agency. E-mail your query and please include your query in the body of the email–no attachments. Do not send proposals, sample chapters or manuscripts unless specifically requested by an agent. They will not be opened or returned. Please indicate if you are simultaneously submitting to other agents. Give some time to respond—in busy periods this may take several weeks. The agent will contact you if we are interested in seeing more. If interested in seeing more of your work, we will request a synopsis, author bio, sample chapters, and, for nonfiction books, a proposal. Fiction must be complete to be considered. Please send only your very best, most ruthlessly edited work. Hint: If you just finished your novel recently, chances are it is not yet ready for scrutiny.”
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- 4 Keys to Writing Un-Put-Down-Able Middle Grade Novels.
- Young Adult Author Jennifer Bosworth Explains “How I Got My Agent.”
- Agent Jennifer Laughran Shares Advice on Writing Books For Children.
- Why Picture Books Aren’t Just For Kids.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Author Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.