Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Dana Newman of Dana Newman Literar) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Dana: Dana Newman is an independent literary agent based in Los Angeles. She’s also a transactional and intellectual property attorney, with 15+ years of experience in advising creators and businesses on contracts, copyrights, trademarks, and licensing. She worked in the entertainment industry during the transition from analog to digital platforms in film editing and audio recording, and enthusiastically embraces new technologies for the production and distribution of written works. She combines her professional insight, educational background (B.A. in Comparative Literature from U.C. Berkeley), and a lifelong love of reading to provide a sophisticated, innovative approach to her role as a literary agent.
She is seeking: prescriptive and narrative nonfiction books in the areas of lifestyle and wellness (health, mind-body-spirit, and fitness), memoir, parenting, business, technology, and popular culture.
How to submit: E-mail a one-page query letter to danamnewman[at]gmail[dot]com that identifies the title, category and length of your work, provides a brief synopsis, and lists your credentials, experience and any information on your platform. Please send all items in the body of the e-mail, not as an attachment. Be sure to include your contact details (e-mail address and phone number).
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- July 23, 2016: “Get Published” Conference of Tennessee (Nashville, TN)
- July 30, 2016: Colorado Writing Workshop (Denver, CO)
- Aug. 12-14, 2016: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- August 20, 2016: Toronto Writing Workshop (Toronto, Canada)
- Sept. 9, 2016: Sacramento Writers Conference (Sacramento, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Writing Workshop of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Chesapeake Writing Workshop (Washington, DC)
- Oct. 28-30, 2016: Writer’s Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 5-6, 2016: ShowMe Writers Masterclass (Columbia, MO)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 26 – March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- How to Make a Book Trailer: 6 Tips.
- 9 Things We Can Learn From Other Writers.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Why Writers Must Train Themselves to Produce on a Deadline.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.