About Brenda: She has been editorial director of Henry Holt & Company, Disney/Hyperion, Scholastic Press, and Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing. Her contact info is 55 Fifth Ave., New York, NY 10003; (212)206-5600; email@example.com.
Areas of Interest: Bowen represents authors and illustrators of children’s books for all ages (preschool to teen) as well as, in her words, “graphic novelists, animators and maybe a surprise element or two.”
How to contact: “If you plan to query via e-mail: Please submit a query letter in the body of the e-mail, and the following as Word attachments: the first three chapters of the manuscript (for fiction), a book proposal (for nonfiction), a synopsis of the work, and a brief bio or résumé. If you plan to send a hard copy query: Please submit a query letter, the first three chapters of the manuscript (for fiction), a book proposal (for nonfiction), a synopsis of the work, a brief bio or résumé, and a stamped self-addressed envelope for reply. Original artwork is not accepted (send copies only). Enclose a stamped, self-addressed mailer if you wish to have your materials returned to you. We generally reply to queries within 6-8 weeks.”
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- 6 Reasons Agents & Editors Will Reject You.
- Agent Interview: Lindsay Edgecombe of Levine Greenberg Literary.
- The Value of Free: Why to Consider Non-Paying Markets.
- NEW Literary Agent Seeking Clients: Brenda Barr of Dystel & Goderich.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Author Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.