Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Ali McDonald of The Rights Factory) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Ali: She is focused on children’s authors. Ali started at The Rights Factory in January 2009, in an editorial capacity, and decided to become an agent and started building her list at The Rights Factory in Fall 2009.
She is seeking: Young adult and middle grade books.
How to contact: The agency has a submissions form on its website for queries. Please do not send unsolicited manuscripts. Start the online submission with a note: “Query for Ali.”
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- Oct. 28–30, 2016: Writer’s Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- Feb. 26–March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- July 22, 2017: Tennessee Writers Workshop (Nashville, TN)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Literary Agent Interview: Kate Testerman of KT Literary.
- How to Write a Great Opening Line.
- NEW Literary Agent Seeking Clients: Adriana Dominguez of Full Circle Literary.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.