Editor’s Note: There’s a new agency that opened several months ago I thought I would tell you about. I haven’t met Mr. Kabongo, but I’ve looked over the site and he seems very legit. It’s also a pleasure to see someone who specializes in sci-fi and fantasy – not usually popular topics with agents. Give his website a close look, as their are multiple ways to submit to him.
Contact: Michael Kabongo. The OnyxHawke Agency, 141 Newburyport Turnpike, Suite 382, Rowley, MA 01969 (212)433-0141. www.onyxhawke.com.
Looking for: Primarily science fiction and fantasy.
How to submit: “For fiction, send the whole novel. Send it only in Rich Text Format (RTF). Send one novel at a time. Include on the first page of the file your name, your address, your email address (at least one) and your phone number. Format your subject line: Title of Novel – Your Name – Genre – Any special code from the FAQ or given to you by me. Include a brief synopsis of the plot in the email. List the minimum length for consideration of any major publisher as listed on the SFWA “Qualifying Novel Venues” at the bottom of your cover letter, with the name of the publisher. For example ‘Forsaken Future Books 95,000 words.’ Format your file name with “First initial Last name Title’. ”
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Word Count For Novels and Books Explained.
- Agent Jessica Regel of Jean V. Naggar Literary Seeks New Clients.
- Debut Author Interview: Elizabeth Laban (Young Adult Writer and Success Story).
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.