Reminder: Newer agencies are golden opportunities for new writers because they’re likely building their client list; however, always make sure your work is as perfect as it can be before submitting, and only query agencies that are a great fit for your work. Otherwise, you’re just wasting time and postage.
Straus Literary Agency
319 Lafayette St., #220 New York, NY 10012. (646)843-9950. Fax: (646)390-3320. E-mail: email@example.com. Contact: Jonah Straus. See the agency website. New agency actively seeking clients. Prior to becoming an agent, Jonah spent 13 years in editorial, sales and marketing for publishing and book distributers in New York and San Francisco. Established: 2003. Currently handles: 50% Fiction, 50% Nonfiction.
Nonfiction areas of interest: biography, history, mind/body/spirit, travel, lifestyle, memoir, cookbooks, multicultural, current events, politics, humor.
Fiction areas of interest: general fiction, historical fiction, literary fiction, multicultural fiction, mystery.
How to Contact: E-mail query with synopsis, author bio and two sample chapters as attachment.
Recent sales: Above Top Secret: Uncover the Mysteries of the Digital Age by Jim Marrs (The Disinformation Company); Depression, War and Cold War: Studies in Political Economy by Robert Higgs (Oxford University Press, USA).
Note: This agency is not be confused with Robin Straus Literary, Inc.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Writing books for kids? New agent Danielle Smith is seeking clients NOW.
- Know When It’s Time to Let Your Manuscript Go and Stop Editing.
- 5 Easy Ways to Publicize & Promote Your Books.
- Read an actual young adult query letter that snagged an agent.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- New agent William Boggess seeks clients.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.