Reminder: Newer agencies are golden opportunities for new writers because they’re likely building their client list; however, always make sure your work is as perfect as it can be before submitting, and only query agencies that are a great fit for your work. Otherwise, you’re just wasting time and postage.
Jacqueline Hackett, formerly of Watkins Loomis Agency, has founded Literary Works, LLC.
Jacqueline has not yet responded to our GLA questionnaire, but her page on Publishers Marketplace will get you started. She specializes in Commercial and Literary Nonfiction, Commercial Fiction (comic novels, Fiction with a strong suspense element), African-American and Pop Culture. See the PM page to learn how to query her.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- “A Novel is a Kingdom You Alone Can Rule.” Writing Advice via Chandler Smith.
- Story Problems? Solve Them With a Plot Device.
- Agent Kaylee Davis Seeks New Clients Now.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.