Reminder: Newer agencies are golden opportunities for new writers because they’re likely building their client list; however, always make sure your work is as perfect as it can be before submitting, and only query agencies that are a great fit for your work. Otherwise, you’re just wasting time and postage.
Important notes: This agency’s Web site is open, but technically their first day is Feb. 1 – so don’t rush your query. Make it better and send it in a few weeks. Also, this information below is limited because Kate Schafer has not yet responded with all info.
9249 S. Broadway, #200-543, Highlands Ranch CO 80129. Phone: (720)344-4728. Fax: (720)344-4728. E-mail: email@example.com. Web site: www.ktliterary.com/about.html. Contact: Kate Schafer. Prior to her current position, Ms. Schafer was an agent with Janklow & Nesbit. Established: 2008. Writer’s Guidelines: www.ktliterary.com/submissions.html. Specializes in middle grade and YA fiction.
How to Contact: Query with SASE. Submit: 2-3 sample pages. Absolutely no attachments. Paste text in e-mail body. E-mail queries only. Responds in 2 weeks to queries.
Actively seeking brilliant, funny, original middle grade and young adult fiction, both literary and commercial; witty women’s fiction; and pop-culture narrative nonfiction. Quirky is good. Does not want picture books. Tips: “If we like your query, we’ll ask for (more).”
Thank you to blog contributor
Kristen Howe for this tip.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Writer’s block sucks. Here are 7 ways to beat it and be more productive.
- Agent Kimiko Nakamura puts out a call for new queries.
- How to Keep Writing in the Face of Rejection.
- Meet Eric Devine, author of the young adult novel for boys, TAP OUT.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Writing women’s, romance, paranormal, mystery, YA, or MG? Query Rachael Dugas.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.