Reminder: Newer agencies are golden opportunities for new writers because they’re likely building their client list; however, always make sure your work is as perfect as it can be before submitting, and only query agencies that are a great fit for your work. Otherwise, you’re just wasting time and postage.
Just heard about a new literary/talent agency: Arthouse Literary. I’m waiting for them to reply to a full listing questionnaire. In the meantime, here’s what I found out:
(No address provided.) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com. Web site: www.arthousetalentandliterary.com/. Member Agents: Moreen Littrell, others. Specializes in: “We are most interested in fiction and nonfiction that lends itself to film and TV, and screenplays, which means high concept or character-driven. Voice is key. Genres we like: commercial fiction, women’s fiction, narrative nonfiction (memoirs, historical fiction), and young adult.”
Represents: Nonfiction books, novels, movie scripts.
How to Contact: Query with SASE. Submit first 15 pages of screenplay/manuscript. Put “Query / (Title)” in the e-mail subject line. Accepts e-mail queries. No fax queries. Responds in 3 months to queries.
Does not want: Westerns, action/adventure, science fiction, apocalyptic epics.
Tips: “We will contact you if we’re interested.”
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Meet a New Agent Who Seeks Horror, Fantasy and Sci-Fi.
- Be Your Own Book Publicist: book tours, book trailers, videos & more.
- Literary agent @jbdrowley seeks clients NOW.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Why Feedback From Your Target Audience is Important For Writers.
- An interview with CNN Producer Jack Gray about his debut essay collection.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.