Thanks to all for the very, very kind
comments. Happy holidays!
First of all, let’s get right to my EPIC HOLIDAY BOOK GIVEAWAY. Comment on this post to win. In one week’s time, I’ll pick three winners at random. The grand-prize winner will receive all three of my books as a prize. That includes 1) The 2011 Guide to Literary Agents, 2) Formatting & Submitting Your Manuscript, and 3) How to Survive a Garden Gnome Attack. Must live in the continental US or Canada to win the grand prize. Prizes two and three are your choice of either a 2011 Guide to Literary Agents or a one-year subscription to WritersMarket.com. You do not have to tweet or spread the word to enter, but any sharing of news of this contest is appreciated. Good luck!
yet, grab one on Amazon!
Holiday Bump in Sales:
Tracking my sales last week, I saw a bump in copies sold, but the book actually went down in Nielsen BookScan’s rankings of humor books. What this means is everything everywhere is up for the holidays — at least in the humor book department. This is good news during challenging times for bookstores. At least people are buying a lot of books for the holidays (and we should, too).
Coverage & Interviews:
- Brittany Rochelle interviewed me over on The Write Stuff blog. Thank you, Brittany!
- Buffalo Spree magazine included some very nice coverage of the book in their Holiday Shopping Guide issue (cover below).
- The Denver Post wrote about my book, including it on a “Do-It-Yourselvers List of Home Books,” perhaps merely as comic relief on the list. No matter — I’m grateful!
- The book got a small mention in the Nov. 21 issue of The Virginian-Pilot newspaper, though I cannot post the coverage here. Thanks to Krys Stefansky for that.
- Get Booked, a book blog website, gave my book some nice attention this past week.
- The book got listed on a Squidoo page that compiled good humor books put today.