Gnomevicious Tweets!! WELL WELL WELL, it appears my ultra-nemesis, the evil garden warrior known only as Gnomevicious, is tweeting now as of yesterday. I would suggest everyone follow him on Twitter just to keep track of his evil whereabouts. Follow him here: @gnomevicious.
In Good Company With Other Humor Books: Some good news this week concerning the gnome book sales. It continued to be in top 10 of humor books nationwide, according to Nielsen BookScan, placing it alongside books such as Jon Stewart’s America and Chelsea Handler’s books. Very exciting! And if you haven’t picked up the book yet, grab How to Survive a Garden Gnome Attack on Amazon now! It makes a nice coffee table book, stocking stuffer, and general life survival guide. If you’ve already ordered a copy or picked one up, you have my sincere thanks.
Interviews & Coverage: The book got a mention in The Sacramento Bee this week, which was unexpected and very cool. Other than that, here are some things to report:
- The Huffington Post wrote my publicist and asked me for a guest column (based on my book), which was a wonderful surprise! I turned in the column yesterday and am unsure exactly when it runs, but I will let you know.
- A Hocking Hill’s Garden is a gardening website that did a wonderful feature on the book.
- WVXU, Cincinnati’s NPR station, interviewed me and posted the podcast/MP3 online here. We talked gnomes, gnomenclature, Books by the Banks, and more.
- Davis Life Magazine (of Davis, CA) featured my book online on the publication website.
- I was interviewed by writer Jessie Mac on her blog here.
- Writer Jessica Subject posted a long interview with me here.
- The website This Garden is Illegal posted a short interview with me here.
Books by the Banks, Sat Oct. 2: I will be signing books and chit-chatting with people at Books by the Banks, Cincinnati’s large book festival. It all goes down from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 2, 2010, at the Duke Energy Convention Center in downtown Cincinnati. There will be more than 100 authors there as well as a Kids K-12 area with activities.
I Will Be Speaking At These Great Writing Events in 2010:
- Oct. 2: Books by the Banks Book Fair (Cincinnati, OH)
- Oct. 16: Day of Writers and Editors at Kenton County Library (Erlanger, KY)
- Oct. 22-24, 2010: Surrey International Writers Conference (Vancouver, Canada)
- Nov. 6, 2010: Vegas Valley Book Festival (Las Vegas, NV)
- Nov. 12-13, 2010: Writing for Change Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Nov. 17, 2010: Ann Katz Festival of Books (Indianapolis, IN)