I got the flu this past week and had to cancel my Feb. 26 presentation at the Carnegie Center in Lexington. Luckily, the Carnegie staffers were kind enough to reschedule it for Saturday, March 26, 2011. If you were planning on making the February event, please come to the March event instead! All attendees get a free WD bookazine!
On March 26, 2011, I will presenting at the Carnegie Center for Literacy and Learning in Lexington, KY, from 9:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. I will speak on “Everything You Need to Know About Getting an Agent” as well as “Query Letters.”
I will also answer any questions that attendees have. If you’re looking for a literary agent and have questions, come out and see me!
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
HOW TO SIGN UP
Attendees are encouraged to sign up in advance. If you click on this (updated) webpage, you can register in advance. Also, I believe you can call and sign up via telephone easily (during work hours EST). The center’s number is 859-254-4175. There is a second class that Saturday, March 26 (starting at noon), and those who attend both get a discount.
WHAT WE’LL DISCUSS
In addition to answering any questions you may have about agents, querying, and the publishing process, we will discuss the following:
- The 3 major tasks of any agent
- How to write a query letter
- How to find agents and discover what they’ve sold
- How to write a synopsis for fiction or memoir
- How to put together a book proposal for nonfiction
- Word count
- How to prevent getting scammed
- How to craft a pitch
- And more
I hope to see you there! I taught at the Carnegie Center in 2010 and had a lot of fun. I will bring a few door prizes to hand out to some lucky attendees.