I just got back from my first trip (2010) to the Surrey International Writers Conference in Surrey, British Columbia, Canada—a suburb of Vancouver. Sadly, I did not get into the city to witness Vancouver in all its greatness, but the conference itself was very big and quite wonderful. I gave two speeches and moderated a panel. I also got to edit people’s work through the “Blue Pencil” live editing sessions. It’s a great general conference for writers. I highly suggest going in a future year.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
piano is to put a sign on it that specifically
says “Do not disturb the piano.”
(Photo credit: Agent Gordon Warnock)
agent Gordon Warnock of Andrea Hurst Literary. Pictured
with me above is my buddy literary agent Ken
Sherman, and Ken’s client the very
successful author Anne Perry.
from the 16th story of our hotel.