I just got back from the 2012 San Francisco Writers Conference over Presidents’ Day Weekend, and the event was fantastic. The SFWC, which is co-sponsored by WD, is famous for its number of agents, editors and authors who attend. The San Fran area is rich with writing talent, and the SFWC brings in a lot of area speakers. If you live anywhere in the area, I seriously recommend checking out the event for 2013.
(See a large list of writers conferences.)
I got to moderate two gigantic literary agent panels — that featured 13 and 14 agents, respectively. That is a great indicator of just how big this conference truly is. Just looking at the photo above, I see agents (Left to right) Taylor Martindale of Full Circle Literary, Jody Rein of Jody Rein Literary, Katharine Sands of Sarah Jane Freymann Literary, and Ted Weinstein of Ted Weinstein Literary.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- How To Pitch Agents at Writers’ Conferences.
- 10 Tips For Attending a Writers’ Conference, by Agent Michelle Brower.
- How to Have an Awesome Time at a Writers’ Conference.
- 9 Things I Learned From Reading Other Writers.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Author Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
I Will Speak At These Great Writing Events in 2014:
- Jan 11, 2014: Capitol City Writing Retreat (Lansing, MI)
- Feb. 1, 2014: Pennwriters Pittsburgh Chapter Event (Pittsburgh, PA)
- March 28-29, 2014: Northern Colorado Writers Conference (Fort Collins, CO)
- April 11-13, 2014: Missouri Writers Guild Conference (St. Louis, MO)
- May 3, 2014: University of Central Arkansas MFA Literary Event (Little Rock/Conroy, AR)
- June 6-8, 2014: Wyoming Writers Conference (Sheridan, WY)
- July 13-16, 2014: Southeastern Writers Conference (St. Simon’s Island, GA)
- Summer/Fall 2014: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
- October 2014: Books by the Banks Book Festival (Cincinnati, OH)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.