I just got back from the 2012 San Francisco Writers Conference over Presidents’ Day Weekend, and the event was fantastic. The SFWC, which is co-sponsored by WD, is famous for its number of agents, editors and authors who attend. The San Fran area is rich with writing talent, and the SFWC brings in a lot of area speakers. If you live anywhere in the area, I seriously recommend checking out the event for 2013.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- July 23, 2016: “Get Published” Conference of Tennessee (Nashville, TN)
- July 30, 2016: Colorado Writing Workshop (Denver, CO)
- Aug. 12-14, 2016: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- August 20, 2016: Toronto Writing Workshop (Toronto, Canada)
- Sept. 9, 2016: Sacramento Writers Conference (Sacramento, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Writing Workshop of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Chesapeake Writing Workshop (Washington, DC)
- Oct. 28-30, 2016: Writer’s Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 5-6, 2016: ShowMe Writers Masterclass (Columbia, MO)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 26 – March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
I got to moderate two gigantic literary agent panels — that featured 13 and 14 agents, respectively. That is a great indicator of just how big this conference truly is. Just looking at the photo above, I see agents (Left to right) Taylor Martindale of Full Circle Literary, Jody Rein of Jody Rein Literary, Katharine Sands of Sarah Jane Freymann Literary, and Ted Weinstein of Ted Weinstein Literary.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- How To Pitch Agents at Writers’ Conferences.
- 10 Tips For Attending a Writers’ Conference, by Agent Michelle Brower.
- How to Have an Awesome Time at a Writers’ Conference.
- 9 Things I Learned From Reading Other Writers.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Author Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
I Will Instruct At These Great Writing Events in 2015:
- June 5-6, 2015: Books in Progress Conference (Lexington, KY)
- June 25-28, 2015: Jackson Hole Writers Conference (Jackson Hole, WY)
- July 31- Aug. 2, 2015: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
- Sept. 12, 2015: Michigan Writing Workshop (Detroit, MI)
- Oct 9: San Diego Writers’ Conference (San Diego, CA)
- Oct 10: The Writing Conference of Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA)
- Oct. 17, 2015: Books by the Banks Book Festival (Cincinnati, OH)
- Oct. 24, 2015: Indiana Writers’ Conference (Indianapolis, IN)
- Nov. 13, 2015: Connecticut Writing Workshop (Hartford, CT)
- Nov 14, 2015: Boston Writing Conference (Boston, MA)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.