I have been presenting at a lot of writing conferences a lot in the past few weeks, and have recently presented at writers conferences in both South Carolina and Texas. Both were a lot of fun. I am a huge advocate of writers conferences, and I still believe they are a great opportunity to meet publishing pros, make writer friends for life, and get educated about the craft and business of writing. They are also excellent opportunities on learning how to find a literary agent, and how to build your author platform.
(See a large list of writers conferences.)
2011 SOUTH CAROLINA WRITERS WORKSHOP (MYRTLE BEACH)
This event, held on a Hilton along the beach, is a pure joy to be included in. The faculty is large, and about a dozen agents are in attendance talking to writers. I attended in 2009 and ran into a few people I met two years ago. If you have an opportunity to attend the SCWW in the future, I highly recommend it.
I Will Instruct At These Great Writing Events Soon:
- Oct. 24, 2014: Atlanta Writers Fall Conference (Atlanta, GA)
- Feb. 6, 2015: Kentucky Writing Conference (Louisville, KY)
- Feb. 7, 2015: Tennessee Writers Conference (Nashville, KY)
- Feb. 20, 2015: Portland Writing Workshop (Portland, OR)
- Feb. 21, 2015: Seattle Writers Workshop (Seattle, WA)
- March 27-28, 2015: Chesapeake Writing Conferences (Baltimore and DC)
- April 17-18, 2015: Carolina Writing Workshop Conferences (Charlotte, NC and Columbia, SC)
- May 15, 2015: Milwaukee Writers Conference (Milwaukee, WI)
- May 16, 2015: Chicago Writers Workshop (Chicago, IL)
- June 25-28, 2015: Jackson Hole Writers Conference (Jackson Hole, WY)
- July 31- Aug. 2, 2015: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- October 2015: Books by the Banks Book Festival (Cincinnati, OH)
TRINITY WRITERS WORKSHOP (TWW) ONE-DAY SEMINAR
This one-day event, held in Hurst TX (between Fort Worth and Dallas), was put on by the Trinity Writers Workshop and organizer Sharon Owen. The midsized group was very nice and very supportive of each other — just a great community of writers rooting for one another. It was wonderful to see. If you live in the area and are looking to meet writers and work on your manuscript, find the group online here.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- What Are the BEST Writers’ Conferences to Attend?
- How to Get the Most Out of a Writers’ Conference.
- How to Make a Positive Impression at a Writers’ Conference.
- Using Writers’ Conferences to Your Querying Advantage.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.