I’m in Colorado wrapping up the 2008 Northern Colorado Writers’ Conference and, let me just say, it has been an excellent conference from start to finish. Kudos to organizer Kerrie Flanagan for doing such a great job.
So what was Fort Collins like? Look at the picture below and see for yourself. It was a very awesome town at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. It’s also a college town somewhat (CSU is there) and is big into the “Green” movement and living clean.
How about this view?
I need a home in Fort Collins.
I presented on query letters and gave the keynote speech after dinner the first night. Of note was my speech on query letters titled “How to Snag an Agent” that was misspelled “How to SHAG an agent.”
That’s me (Chuck Sambuchino)
during the keynote speech:
“What Editors Want.”
On Saturday night, some of us headed out to downtown Fort Collins and tasted the famed local brews. I proceeded to talk mega trash regarding a highly anticipated game of pool, and then sucked big time during the game. Agent Jessica Regel is doing her best to not let me live this down.
I Will Instruct At These Great Writing Events Soon:
- Oct. 24, 2014: Atlanta Writers Fall Conference (Atlanta, GA)
- Feb. 6, 2015: Kentucky Writing Conference (Louisville, KY)
- Feb. 7, 2015: Tennessee Writers Conference (Nashville, KY)
- Feb. 20, 2015: Portland Writing Workshop (Portland, OR)
- Feb. 21, 2015: Seattle Writers Workshop (Seattle, WA)
- March 27-28, 2015: Chesapeake Writing Conferences (Baltimore and DC)
- April 17-18, 2015: Carolina Writing Workshop Conferences (Charlotte, NC and Columbia, SC)
- May 15, 2015: Milwaukee Writers Conference (Milwaukee, WI)
- May 16, 2015: Chicago Writers Workshop (Chicago, IL)
- June 25-28, 2015: Jackson Hole Writers Conference (Jackson Hole, WY)
- July 31- Aug. 2, 2015: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- October 2015: Books by the Banks Book Festival (Cincinnati, OH)