I just returned from teaching at the 2012 Chicago Writers Conference. This was the event’s first year, and I have to say the conference was excellent. I had the privilege of giving two speeches and meeting with several writers one on one. There were keynote speeches, nights of open readings, and more. Chicago definitely has it going on in terms of a large and supportive writing community. As far as writers conferences go, I would definitely recommend this event. A special thanks to coordinator Mare Swallow for inviting me, and for her husband, Kevin, for providing most of the images you see below. Many more images exist on the event’s Flickr’s page.
(Check out this page if you’re looking for a list of writers conferences.)
I got to do some query letter editing for attendees. It was nice to sit down and talk with people.
I Will Speak At These Great Writing Events in 2013-2014:
- April 19-20, 2013: Kentucky Writers Conference (Bowling Green, KY)
- May 17-19, 2013: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- May 23-26, 2013: Writers Guild of Alberta “Words in 3D” Event (Edmonton, Canada)
- June 6-7, 2013: Clarksville Writers Conference (Clarksville, TN)
- June 7-8, 2013: Carnegie Literary Center “Books-in-Progress” Conference (Lexington, KY)
- June 21-23, 2013: Agents & Editors Conference / Writers League of Texas (Austin, TX)
- July 5-6, 2013: Hunt Country Writers Retreat (Middleburg, VA)
- Fall 2013: Writer’s Digest West Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Feb. 2014: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Spring 2014: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- April 11-13, 2014: Missouri Writers Guild Conference (St. Louis, MO)
- June 6-8, 2014: Wyoming Writers Conference (Sheridan, WY)
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- What Are the BEST Writers’ Conferences to Attend?
- How to Get the Most Out of a Writers’ Conference.
- How to Make a Positive Impression at a Writers’ Conference.
- Using Writers’ Conferences to Your Querying Advantage.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.