The San Francisco Writers Conference continues to be one of the most premiere writing events I’ve been to, and the 2013 event is fast approaching. Because of the city’s beauty and vast literary talent, the conference pulls in many nearby authors and agents, and also attracts publishing professionals from all over the country. It’s one of the largest conferences anywhere and frequently sells out.
This year’s even is February 15-17, 2013 at the Mark Hopkins Hotel in the middle of San Francisco. Join me? It has usual elements that make the conference great: sessions, panels, chances to meet agents and editors. And I’m very excited to announce that this year I will be teaching an intensive workshop at the end of the conference on Feb. 18 on “Platform, Blogging and Twitter.” It promises to be an awesome three-hour intensive. Learn all details of the intensive here, and read on to see more about the conference itself.
The San Francisco Writers Conference is a large gathering of authors, agents and editors. The 2013 conference happens from Feb. 15-17, 2013, at the Mark Hopkins International Hotel in Nob Hill, San Francisco. There are special writing intensives that are separate from the conference on Thursday the 14th and Monday the 18th.
SOME BASIC INFO
- This conference usually sells out. Last year, WD had a free pass that it auctioned off after the event was sold out, and people went bananas for a chance to win.
- There are tons of editors, authors and agents there. Here is a full list. RL Stine is the lead keynote.
- There is an optional “Speed Dating Event” where you can pitch to agents one on one.
- There is a lot to this event — breakout sessions, panels, gatherings, pitching, and more.
AGENTS IN ATTENDANCE
- Peter Beren, literary agent and publishing consultant (CA)
- Andrea Brown, President – Anrdea Brown Literary Agency (CA)
- Kimberley Cameron, President of Kimberley Cameron & Associates (CA)
- Verna Dreisbach, Dreisbach Literary Management (CA)
- Mollie Glick, Foundry Literary and Media (NY)
- Mandy Hubbard, agent at D4EO Literary (CT)
- Michael Larsen, Larsen/Pomada Literary Agents (SF)
- Taylor Martindale, Full Circle Literary (CA)
- Jill Marsal, Marsal-Lyon Literary (CA)
- Laurie McLean, Foreword Literary (formerly of Larsen/Pomada Literary Agents) (SF)
- Elizabeth Pomada, Larsen/Pomada Literary Agents (SF)
- Jody Rein, President of Jody Rein Books, Inc (CO)
- Andy Ross, Andy Ross Literary Agency (CA)
- Rayhane Sanders, Literary Manager at WSK Management, LLC (NY)
- Katharine Sands, Sarah Jane Freymann Agency (NYC)
- Ken Sherman, Ken Sherman and Associates
- Nephele Tempest, The Knight Agency (Atlanta/CA)
- Becky Vinter, agent at FinePrint Literary Management (NY)
- Gordon Warnock, Foreword Literary (formerly of Andrea Hurst & Associates) (CA)
- Natanya Wheeler, Nancy Yost Literary Agency (NY)
I Will Speak At These Great Writing Events in 2014:
- Jan 11, 2014: Capitol City Writing Retreat (Lansing, MI)
- Feb. 1, 2014: Pennwriters Pittsburgh Chapter Event (Pittsburgh, PA)
- March 28-29, 2014: Northern Colorado Writers Conference (Fort Collins, CO)
- March 30 – April 4, 2014: Worship Write With God: Christian Writers Retreat (Asheville, NC)
- April 11-13, 2014: Missouri Writers Guild Conference (St. Louis, MO)
- May 3, 2014: University of Central Arkansas MFA Literary Event (Little Rock/Conroy, AR)
- June 6-8, 2014: Wyoming Writers Conference (Sheridan, WY)
- July 13-16, 2014: Southeastern Writers Conference (St. Simon’s Island, GA)
- Aug. 1-3, 2014: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
- Aug. 5-10, 2014: Texas Writing Retreat (outside Houston, TX)
- October 2014: Books by the Banks Book Festival (Cincinnati, OH)
- November 2014: Atlanta Writers Fall Conference (Atlanta, GA)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.