The San Francisco Writers Conference continues to be one of the most premiere writing events I’ve been to, and the 2013 event is fast approaching. Because of the city’s beauty and vast literary talent, the conference pulls in many nearby authors and agents, and also attracts publishing professionals from all over the country. It’s one of the largest conferences anywhere and frequently sells out.
This year’s even is February 15-17, 2013 at the Mark Hopkins Hotel in the middle of San Francisco. Join me? It has usual elements that make the conference great: sessions, panels, chances to meet agents and editors. And I’m very excited to announce that this year I will be teaching an intensive workshop at the end of the conference on Feb. 18 on “Platform, Blogging and Twitter.” It promises to be an awesome three-hour intensive. Learn all details of the intensive here, and read on to see more about the conference itself.
The San Francisco Writers Conference is a large gathering of authors, agents and editors. The 2013 conference happens from Feb. 15-17, 2013, at the Mark Hopkins International Hotel in Nob Hill, San Francisco. There are special writing intensives that are separate from the conference on Thursday the 14th and Monday the 18th.
SOME BASIC INFO
- This conference usually sells out. Last year, WD had a free pass that it auctioned off after the event was sold out, and people went bananas for a chance to win.
- There are tons of editors, authors and agents there. Here is a full list. RL Stine is the lead keynote.
- There is an optional “Speed Dating Event” where you can pitch to agents one on one.
- There is a lot to this event — breakout sessions, panels, gatherings, pitching, and more.
AGENTS IN ATTENDANCE
- Peter Beren, literary agent and publishing consultant (CA)
- Andrea Brown, President – Anrdea Brown Literary Agency (CA)
- Kimberley Cameron, President of Kimberley Cameron & Associates (CA)
- Verna Dreisbach, Dreisbach Literary Management (CA)
- Mollie Glick, Foundry Literary and Media (NY)
- Mandy Hubbard, agent at D4EO Literary (CT)
- Michael Larsen, Larsen/Pomada Literary Agents (SF)
- Taylor Martindale, Full Circle Literary (CA)
- Jill Marsal, Marsal-Lyon Literary (CA)
- Laurie McLean, Foreword Literary (formerly of Larsen/Pomada Literary Agents) (SF)
- Elizabeth Pomada, Larsen/Pomada Literary Agents (SF)
- Jody Rein, President of Jody Rein Books, Inc (CO)
- Andy Ross, Andy Ross Literary Agency (CA)
- Rayhane Sanders, Literary Manager at WSK Management, LLC (NY)
- Katharine Sands, Sarah Jane Freymann Agency (NYC)
- Ken Sherman, Ken Sherman and Associates
- Nephele Tempest, The Knight Agency (Atlanta/CA)
- Becky Vinter, agent at FinePrint Literary Management (NY)
- Gordon Warnock, Foreword Literary (formerly of Andrea Hurst & Associates) (CA)
- Natanya Wheeler, Nancy Yost Literary Agency (NY)
Here is a list of writing conferences I will present at in 2012-2013:
- June 22-24: Crested Butte Writers Conference (Crested Butte, CO)
- July 26-28: Midwest Writers Workshop (Muncie, IN)
- Aug. 2-8: Homeric Writers Retreat & Workshop (Isle of Ithaca, Greece)
- Sept. 13-14: Chicago Writers Conference (Chicago, IL)
- Feb. 14-17, 2013: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- April 5-7. 2013: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- April 19-20, 2013: Kentucky Writers Conference (Bowling Green, KY)
- May 17-19, 2013: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- May 23-26, 2013: Writers Guild of Alberta Event (Edmonton, Canada)
- June 6-7, 2013: Clarksville Writers Conference (Clarksville, TN)
- June 7-8, 2013: Carnegie Literary Center “Books-in-Progress Conference” (Lexington, KY)
- June 21-23, 2013: Agents & Editors Conference / Writers League of Texas (Austin, TX)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.