Here at Writer’s Digest Books, we’re in the process of updating our popular title, Formatting & Submitting Your Manuscript, and are looking for insight from agents/editors on how the industry is changing. Here are a few things we’re interested in knowing.
- How have queries and submissions changed for you in recent years? Do you request different information? Do you accept email queries? If so, do you prefer electronic or paper queries? How important is format and formality in electronic communication?
- What are your pet peeves and turnoffs?
- What are your dos and don’ts for writers?
- Have you changed how you select authors? How many of your authors are found through queries, and how many through other means? Do you want to hear about an author’s platform?
- What recent changes in your market do you want writers to know about?
Writers are also welcome to comment and offer tips.