If you live anywhere near the DC/Virginia/Maryland area, a great writers’ conference is coming up that you should take note of. The 2013 Hunt Country Writers Retreat runs from July 5-7, 2013 in beautiful Middleburg, Va. (1 hour from metro DC). This annual event features 1.5 days of sessions and instruction on the craft & business of writing, and features multiple literary agents each year who meet with attendees to hear book pitches. I’ll be at the event instructing — come meet me! Learn more below.
The event runs from July 5-7, 2013, at The Parish Hall, 105 E. Washington, Middleburg, Va. The event takes place on Friday afternoon as well as all day Saturday. Attendees can sign up for critiques or pitches if they wish. Middleburg, Va. is one hour from metro DC. It’s 30 minutes from Dulles Airport and 90 minutes from metro Baltimore.
Three agents are currently set to attend and take pitches from writers.
Jeff Kleinman is a founding literary agent of Folio Literary. Among his many book sales is the huge bestseller, THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN.
Shannon O’Neill is an agent at ICM/Sagalyn, and represents both mainstream fiction as well as quality fiction.
Anna Sproul-Latimer is an agent at Ross Yoon Literary Agents, and represents many areas of nonfiction.
I Will Instruct At These Great Writing Events Soon:
- Oct. 24, 2014: Atlanta Writers Fall Conference (Atlanta, GA)
- Feb. 6, 2015: Kentucky Writing Conference (Louisville, KY)
- Feb. 7, 2015: Tennessee Writers Conference (Nashville, KY)
- Feb. 20, 2015: Portland Writing Workshop (Portland, OR)
- Feb. 21, 2015: Seattle Writers Workshop (Seattle, WA)
- March 27-28, 2015: Chesapeake Writing Conferences (Baltimore and DC)
- April 17-18, 2015: Carolina Writing Workshop Conferences (Charlotte, NC and Columbia, SC)
- May 15, 2015: Milwaukee Writers Conference (Milwaukee, WI)
- May 16, 2015: Chicago Writers Workshop (Chicago, IL)
- June 25-28, 2015: Jackson Hole Writers Conference (Jackson Hole, WY)
- July 31- Aug. 2, 2015: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- October 2015: Books by the Banks Book Festival (Cincinnati, OH)