On Saturday, March 20, 2010, I will be presenting at the Carnegie Center for Literacy & Learning in Lexington, KY—giving a two-hour speech on “Everything You Need to Know About Getting an Agent.” Come out and see me! This is my first dealings with the Carnegie but it seems like they have year-round cool programs for writers. See their website here. To register for the event, call the main number (859)254-4175.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
In this speech, I will address all things agent, and show writers how to snag a rep without fear of being scammed. We’ll discuss book proposals, novel synopses, query letters, pitching, how to find an agent, and everything else. Questions welcomed and encouraged!
The whole thing goes down from 10 a.m. to noon, Saturday, March 20, 2010, at the center, 251 West Second St., Lexington, KY. Phone: (859)254-4175. Validated parking for the Carnegie Center is now available at a new location: Validated parking for the Carnegie Center is available at the Featherstone Garage on Upper Street between Second and Church streets.