I am teaching a comprehensive one-day writing seminar in Hurst, TX on Nov. 5, 2011 — come out and learn how to find an agent and get published. Have you completed a novel, kids book, memoir, or nonfiction book idea? Are you eager to get your work published but you just don’t know how to go about it? Then, this seminar, put on by the Trinity Writers Workshop, is for you. See the event website here.
(See a large list of writers conferences.)
The event goes from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 5, 2011, at the Hampton Inn in Hurst, TX (between Dallas and Fort Worth). I’ve taught for the TWW back in 2007, and I’m happy to say the Texas crowd is professional and kind — a great environment for writers to gather.
This day’s sessions will include the following:
* Chapter One Dos and Don’ts
* How To Format Your Writing
* What an Editor Wants: Learn How to Get Publishing and Professional Writing Practices
* Everything You Need to Know About Agents and how to edit your query letter
* How to Sell More Books and Market
There will be one-on-one sessions with me to discuss your query. There will be Open Mic sessions to read your material. Lunch is provided.
Those with questions can contact organizer Sharon Owen at firstname.lastname@example.org
I Will Speak At These Great Writing Events in 2014:
- Jan 11, 2014: Capitol City Writing Retreat (Lansing, MI)
- Feb. 1, 2014: Pennwriters Pittsburgh Chapter Event (Pittsburgh, PA)
- March 28-29, 2014: Northern Colorado Writers Conference (Fort Collins, CO)
- April 11-13, 2014: Missouri Writers Guild Conference (St. Louis, MO)
- May 3, 2014: University of Central Arkansas MFA Literary Event (Little Rock/Conroy, AR)
- June 6-8, 2014: Wyoming Writers Conference (Sheridan, WY)
- July 13-16, 2014: Southeastern Writers Conference (St. Simon’s Island, GA)
- Summer/Fall 2014: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
- October 2014: Books by the Banks Book Festival (Cincinnati, OH)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.