I’m very excited about my first year on the faculty at the Pacific Northwest Writers Association Writers Conference. The 2011 conference is from Aug. 4-7 in Seattle. This is a very large conference that brings in a ton of agents and editors. If you live anywhere in the area, keep reading to learn more on how to build your author platform and even meet a literary agent.
(Check out this page if you’re looking for a list of writers conferences.)
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- July 23, 2016: “Get Published” Conference of Tennessee (Nashville, TN)
- July 30, 2016: Colorado Writing Workshop (Denver, CO)
- Aug. 12-14, 2016: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- August 20, 2016: Toronto Writing Workshop (Toronto, Canada)
- Sept. 9, 2016: Sacramento Writers Conference (Sacramento, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Writing Workshop of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Chesapeake Writing Workshop (Washington, DC)
- Oct. 28-30, 2016: Writer’s Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 5-6, 2016: ShowMe Writers Masterclass (Columbia, MO)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 26 – March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
The 2011 PNWA Writers Conference is from Aug 4-7, at the Bellevue Hyatt. They expect to have more than 500 people there. I know that pitches and critiques are part of the event. I myself may even be meeting with writers to do manuscript critique/editing services.
WHO WILL BE THERE IN 2011?
(When you’re ready to submit, check out these lists of numerous agent interviews: fantasy agents, science fiction agents, general fiction agents, horror agents, nonfiction agents, middle grade fiction agents, and young adult fiction agents.)
LAUREN E. ABRAMO, Dystel & Goderich Literary Management
LORETTA BARRETT, Loretta Barrett Books, Inc.
FOLADE BELL, Serendipity Literary Agency
AMY BOGGS, Donald Maass Literary Agency
REGINA BROOKS, Serendipity, LLC
AMY BURKHARDT, Kimberly Cameron & Associates
MINJU CHANG, BookStop Literary Agency
GINGER CLARK, Curtis Brown, LTD
VICKIE MOTTER, Andrea Hurst Literary Agency
KEN SHERMAN, Ken Sherman & Associates
CHERRY WEINER, Cherry Weiner Literary Agency
Keynote: Steve Berry is the New York Times bestselling author of The Jefferson Key, The Emperor’s Tomb, The Paris Vendetta, The Charlemagne Pursuit, The Venetian Betrayal, The Alexandria Link, and The Templar Legacy. He has 12 million books in print.
This year, there are more workshop choices than ever before, with the workshops divided into the following categories: Storytelling, Road to Publication, and Book Marketing & Publishing in the Digital Age. Note that the conference does not charge for any agent or editor appointments. Sign ups are at the conference.
I Will Instruct At These Great Writing Events in 2015:
- June 5-6, 2015: Books in Progress Conference (Lexington, KY)
- June 25-28, 2015: Jackson Hole Writers Conference (Jackson Hole, WY)
- July 31- Aug. 2, 2015: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
- Sept. 12, 2015: Michigan Writing Workshop (Detroit, MI)
- Oct 9: San Diego Writers’ Conference (San Diego, CA)
- Oct 10: The Writing Conference of Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA)
- Oct. 17, 2015: Books by the Banks Book Festival (Cincinnati, OH)
- Oct. 24, 2015: Indiana Writers’ Conference (Indianapolis, IN)
- Nov. 13, 2015: Connecticut Writing Workshop (Hartford, CT)
- Nov 14, 2015: Boston Writing Conference (Boston, MA)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.