Reminder: Agent Spotlights (with this spotlight featuring Allison Hunter of Inkwell Management) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Allison: Allison Hunter, a native of the San Francisco Bay Area, began her publishing career in 2005 working for the Los Angeles-based literary publicity firm, Kim-from-L.A. She joined the InkWell Management team in New York City in 2010. She has a B.A. in American Studies and Creative Writing from Stanford University and a J.D. from the University of Chicago Law School.
She is seeking: She is actively acquiring literary and commercial fiction (including romance), memoir, narrative nonfiction, cultural studies, pop culture and prescriptive titles, including cookbooks. She is always looking for funny female authors, great love stories and family epics, and for nonfiction projects that speak to the current cultural climate.
How to submit: Queries should be e-mailed to: email@example.com. Put “Query for Allison: (Title)” in the subject line. In the body of your email, please include a query letter and a short writing sample (1-2 chapters). Due to the volume of queries we receive, response times may take up to two months. By submitting you are acknowledging these terms.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- What does it mean when an agent says “This isn’t right for me”?
- Create a Better Novel: Writing with Emotion to Draw Readers In.
- New literary agent Beth Phelan is looking for clients.
- 8 Rules For Writing in Bed.
- The Writer’s Promise: How to Craft a Book’s Pitch.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and writing a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.