Our most in-demand webinar instructor of all time is literary agent Mary Kole (formerly of Andrea Brown Literary and now with Movable Type Management). Mary’s webinars on writing & selling books for kids have regularly drawn hundreds of attendees. Why? Simply put, the woman knows her stuff and she just plain loves kids books. She runs Kidlit.com, one of the biggest websites for writers of juvenile books. She’s the author of the new resource, Writing Irresistible Kidlit (fall 2012). And she always offers a personalized, helpful critique for every webinar attendee who signs up. That’s why we’re excited that Mary is back to teach “Crafting Young Adult & Middle Grade Novels That Sell” — an intensive webinar on Oct. 25, 2012.
WHAT YOU’RE LEARN
Mary will be covering a lot of topics — from understand what kids want to read to knowing what an agent or editor wants in a submission. See lots of information about the webinar on the official sign-up page.
All registrants are invited to submit the beginning of their middle grade (MG) or young adult (YA) manuscript (up to 500 words) after the event. You are encouraged to revise your manuscript first, based on what you learn. All submissions are guaranteed a critique by instructor Mary Kole. Mary reserves the right to request more material from attendees following the event if a manuscript is of the highest quality.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- 4 Keys to Writing Un-Put-Down-Able Middle Grade Novels.
- Young Adult Author Jennifer Bosworth Explains “How I Got My Agent.”
- Agent Jennifer Laughran Shares Advice on Writing Books For Children.
- Why Picture Books Aren’t Just For Kids.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.