A lot of people write novels, but few sell. Why? It all comes down to a mastery of language and voice. It means creating great, vivid characters that we remember. It’s about starting your book strong. It’s about mapping out a story structure that has highs and lows to take the reader on an emotional journey. Literary agent Jim McCarthy, a wise publishing pro, will be covering all these topics as he repeats his popular webinar, “10 Elements of a Saleable Novel Today,” on Thursday, Oct. 4, 2012. The webinar starts at 1 p.m. EST and lasts 90 minutes.
Every attendee can send Jim McCarthy their query letter for a guaranteed critique following the class.
THE WEBINAR CONTENT
There’s a lot Jim will be covering. You can see the entire explanation on the Writer’s Digest Shop page.
Jim McCarthy is a literary agent and vice president at Dystel & Goderich Literary Management. He represents a variety of fiction categories — for both adults and teens. (More bio information available on the signup page.)
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- 10 Writing Myths.
- Agent Interview: Mel Flashman of Trident Media.
- Is Literary Fiction Boring? Here’s Why One Author Says NO.
- Do You Need Multiple Agents If You Write in Multiple Genres?
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.