Things with my gnome attack book continue to move along in wonderful and strange ways. The biggest news is that Barnes & Noble has placed in on their “Happy Halloween” endcap (see below), which should run for several weeks. (Little factoid: That Werewolf Haiku book you see there on the upper right is actually put out by my publishing house, F+W Media. So having two titles like that at eye level is a boon to say the least. I am very lucky.)
Besides that, my speaking schedule is starting to ramp up in support of the book. Last Monday, I spoke to the Cincinnati SCBWI (kids writers and illustrators), a great group of people that meet at the Sharonville library on the second Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m.
Below you will see me at another recent speech, where I talked to writers and authors at the Hancock County Library in suburban Indianapolis. A nice crowd gathered and the speech actually went long because people had good questions and we all had an engaged discussion.
And if you live anywhere near Cincinnati, come to Joseph Beth this Monday, Sept. 20, at 5 p.m. for an informal yet cool & free book signing. There will be some free snacks and drinks, as well. Following the celebration from about 5:00–6:20 p.m., there will be a free Q&A with a panel of Writer’s Digest Books editors, including Writer’s Market and Poet’s Market editor Robert Brewer, as well as e-media guru Jane Friedman.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)