2013 is fast approaching — a new year full of endless possibilities for you and your writing. This is the year you get your book published! To give you the best start possible on your journey, we’ve enlisted e-media and publishing visionary Jane Friedman to teach a comprehensive new webinar called “How to Get Published: Land a Book Deal in 2013” on Thursday, Jan. 3, 2013. It starts at 1 p.m., EST and lasts 90 minutes. The webinar will be an intensive overview of what you need to do to successfully pitch your book to agents and editors this year, as well as an examination of whether indie/self-publishing may be the right path for you. Read on to learn more, or check out the official webinar page here.
The webinar lasts 90 minutes. It happens at 1 p.m., EST, Thursday, Jan. 3, 2013. Webinars are specifically designed so that if you cannot attend the live event, you still get everything if you sign up. (The webinar is recorded and sent to you.) Feel free to ask Jane questions, as no question goes unanswered in a WD webinar.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to pitch your book to agents & editors
- How to pitch a nonfiction book vs. how to pitch a novel
- What a writer platform is
- How Google can help you and factor into your chances to get published
- Lots of free and paid resources about writing to help you along your way
- Whether you should be evaluating indie/self-publishing as a possibility for your book
- And much more.
- See the official webinar page here.
Jane Friedman is a master of media and publishing. She was formerly the publisher of Writer’s Digest and is now the online editor of the Virginia Quarterly Review.