“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends;
they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors,
and the most patient of teachers.” ~Charles W. Eliot
Footnotes is a recurring series on the GLA blog where I pick a subject and provides several interesting articles on said topic. “Best Of” lists abound this time of year and books are no exception. Just in case you’re still looking for that last minute holiday gift or a good book to read, I’ve included links to popular best book lists of 2009. Several authors got it right and are included in multiple lists.
3. Stephen King lists his Top Ten List when it comes to books. His list here.
4. The Best Young Adult Books, by LibraryJournal.com. The list here.
5. New York Times Book Review lists their picks. The list here.
6. Good Reads – a more populist site. The list here.
7. A Huge Compilation of Lists: How much time do you have? The massive list here.
Nancy Parish, who runs her
blog, The Sound and Furry.
Want more on this topic?
- Page 1: How to Start Your Romance Novel.
- Agent Janet Reid provides 20 Query Letter Tips.
- Confused about formatting? Check out Formatting & Submitting Your Manuscript.
- Read about What Agents Hate: Chapter 1 Pet Peeves.
- Want the most complete database of agents and what genres they’re looking for? Buy the 2011 Guide to Literary Agents today!