For the first time ever this past weekend (2009), we opened the doors here at F+W Media to a large gathering of writers for a small conference on the business and craft of writing. I’m pleased to say the event was a success. I, for one, was wondering how the whole thing would go down—being that such an event was brand new. But everything went smoothly and that was nice.
If you were in attendance at the event, thank you for coming in. I know a lot of people flew in. We had writers from California, Florida, Puerto Rico and Vancouver. Probably a whole lot more places, but we didn’t have them list off their hometowns.
I taught two workshops—both about agents. Those went off without a hitch.
questions. From left: Writers
Online Workshops coordinator Joe
Stollenwerk; WD Editorial Director Jane
Friedman; CWIM editor Alice Pope; and myself.
work critiqued by an editor.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)