Do you have questions about how to sell more books and make more money as a writer? That’s all part of building your writer platform and increasing your book’s discoverability. You can get your questions about selling books answered at a special Writer’s Digest live webinar called “Create Your Writer Platform,” taught by Chuck Sambuchino, editor of Guide to Literary Agents and author of Create Your Writer Platform.
With so many books competing for attention in the marketplace, having an effective writer platform has never been more important than it is right now. This session will explore the process of gaining visibility in the marketplace so you can market your books effectively and efficiently. No matter if you’re traditionally published or self-published, writing fiction or nonfiction, if you have a book out now or will in the future — you need to understand the necessity of building your author platform so you can sell more copies and launch a successful career as an author. You’ll learn about selling books through blogging, public speaking, and more. It all happens at 1 p.m., EST, Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2014, and lasts 90 minutes.
Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program and the materials for one year. You do not have to attend the live event to get a recording of the presentation. In all WD webinars, no question goes unanswered. Attendees have the ability to chat with the instructor during the live event and ask questions. You will receive a copy of the webinar presentation in an e-mail that goes out one week after the live event. The answers to questions not covered in the live presentation will be included in this e-mail as well.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- What a platform means and why its important
- How to build your platform via public speaking, social media, or creating a blog
- Clear marketing principles that will guide your career
- How to make lasting connections with readers so you can market to them down the road
- 3 ways fiction authors can develop a niche and brand
- How to sell books through networking, article writing, public speaking, and more
- The value of creating a niche and branding yourself as an expert. Sign up for the webinar here.
Chuck Sambuchino of Writer’s Digest Books edits the GUIDE TO LITERARY AGENTS and the CHILDREN’S WRITER’S & ILLUSTRATOR’S MARKET. His Guide to Literary Agents Blog is one of the largest blogs in publishing. He is the author of the 2012 guide CREATE YOUR WRITER PLATFORM, which teaches people how to market themselves and sell more books. Chuck’s personal Twitter account was called one of the “Top 10 Influences in Publishing” on Forbes.com. His 2010 humor book, HOW TO SURVIVE A GARDEN GNOME ATTACK, was optioned by Sony Pictures. His books have been mentioned in Reader’s Digest, USA Today, the New York Times, The Huffington Post, Variety, and more. Besides that, Chuck is a husband, sleep-deprived new father, guitar player, retro gamer, and owner of a flabby-yet-lovable dog named Graham. Find him on Twitter and on Facebook.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Anyone who has books to market and promote (print or digital)
- Anyone who is trying find and grow their audience online
- Writers who want to learn more about what types of online marketing really make a difference in their career
- Writers who need to grow their online presence
- Creative professionals who are building their online platform