It seems like each month there’s another story about someone making a great deal of money off an e-book they created, whether it’s a fantasy novel or a nonfiction book on parenting. Creating your own e-book puts you in the driver’s seat — but do you know how to drive? Do you know how to maximize what you’ve created and get people to locate & purchase your work? To help you navigate the complicated road of creating and distributing your e-book, we’ve enlisted eMedia guru Jane Friedman, former publisher of Writer’s Digest. She’s teaching “Do Your E-Book Right (and Start Making Money NOW)” on Thursday, May 17, 2012. This is one of our most popular webinars because there is money to be made in the e-book arena if you do it right — and Jane can show you how.
It all goes down at 1 p.m., EST, Thursday, May 17, 2012, and lasts 90 minutes. Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program and the materials for 1 year. If you cannot attend the live event, you will still get access to everything. You can communicate your questions to the presenter after the event, and you will get the recorded presentation to watch. You will receive a copy of the webinar presentation in an email thank you message that goes out one week after the live event. The answers to questions not covered in the live presentation will be included in this email as well. Sign up here.
The industry has exploded with new and free opportunities to help you publish your work electronically, at little or no cost to you. Learn how to get visibility for your work by using online services that make your work available on major e-reading platforms such as Kindle, Nook, and iPad. You’ll get a tour of how these sites work and how writers are using them to move their career forward. While e-publishing doesn’t equal instant success (if you build it, they may NOT come), you’ll learn the principles behind the successful creation and distribution of an e-book. Sign up here.
What you’ll learn:
- What services are available to distribute your e-book, plus what you can expect from these services, and how they turn a profit
- How to make your book available on Kindle, Nook, iPad, and most reading devices in use today
- If and when you’re endangering the future potential of your work by making it available electronically
- The technical skill required and how/when to use a professional to help you convert your work into different formats
- 3 essential factors that impact your e-book sales
- How to appropriately price your work
- Critical strategies for marketing and promoting your e-books
- How to decide when it’s time to seek traditional publishing options
- A list of trusted resources to help you after the webinar.
As the former publisher and editorial director of Writer’s Digest, Jane Friedman (janefriedman.com) is an industry authority on commercial, literary, and emerging forms of publishing. She has spoken at more than 200 writing events since 2001, and is known within the publishing industry as an innovator, cited by sources such as Publishers Weekly, GalleyCat, PBS online, and Mr. Media. Jane recently left her position as a visiting professor of e-media at the University of Cincinnati, and will be the new online editor for the Virginia Quarterly Review, as well as a contributing editor to Writer’s Digest. Sign up here.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.