If you want to find success as an author — whether through traditional publishing or self-publishing — you must make an effort to connect with other people. That’s the whole point of social media like Twitter and Facebook — to connect with readers and writers. But fundamentally more important than social media is simply having a comprehensive author website. That’s why we’ve enlisted eMedia professor and guru Jane Friedman to teach the webinar “Create an Author Website in 24 Hours or Less” at 1 p.m., EST, Thursday, September 20, 2012. The intensive class lasts two hours.
Speaking from an editor’s perspective, I can tell you that having a simple, neat website is absolutely essential. You must have something show up when people Google you or try to connect with you. You must have a website that clearly states who you are, what you write, and has a picture of you. Learn more about Jane’s workshop here. All attendees get to ask Jane as many questions as she wants, and no question goes unanswered.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- How Writers Can Use Twitter For Networking and Success.
- Why Writers Need Book Bloggers.
- Create the Breakout Blog: A Guide For Writers.
- Opportunities Through Blogs & More.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.