Coming up fast on September 6, 2014 is my appearance at the Minnesota Writing Workshop. (This is my first time teaching in Minnesota, so I am pumped.) This is a special one-day “How to Get Published” writing workshop on Sept. 6, 2014, at Subtext Books in St. Paul, MN. In other words, it’s one day full of classes and instruction designed to give you the best advice concerning how to get your writing & books published. No matter what you’re writing — fiction or nonfiction — the day’s classes will help point you in the right direction. Writers of all genres and writers for all age groups are welcome.
It’s a one-day event on Saturday, September 6, 2014, from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., held at Subtext Books, 165 Western Ave N, St Paul, MN 55102.
- “Your Publishing Options Today”
- “Everything You Need to Know About Agents, Queries & Pitching”
- “Writers’ Got Talent: A Chapter One Critique-Fest” (This is where attendees submit their first page anonymously, and the pages get read aloud to agents & editors who critique them.)
- “How to Market Yourself and Your Books: Author Platform & Social Media Explained”
- “How to Get Published: 10 Professional Writing Practices That You Need to Know NOW to Find Success as a Writer”
PITCH AGENTS (OPTIONAL)
All three literary agents from Red Sofa Literary will be in attendance at the event, and some of them will be taking part in the “Writers Got Talent” critique fest event at 1:15 p.m. Following their appearance on that panel, they will be available for 10-minute one-on-one meetings with some writers until the event ends at 5 p.m. These one-on-one meetings are an amazing chance to pitch your book face-to-face with an agent, and get personal, individual feedback on your pitch/concept. If the agent likes your pitch, they’ll request to see part/all of your book — sending you straight past the slush pile. It also gives you an intimate chance to meet with an agent and pick their brain with any questions on your mind. (Please note that Agent Pitching is an add-on, separate aspect of the day, for only those who sign up. Spaces are limited for these premium meetings, and pricing/detail is explained on the event page.)
Registration info as well as much more information is available on the official MWW event page here.