A large and awesome writers conference that is coming up fast is the annual PennWriters Conference. This year it’s held in Pittsburgh on May 13-15, 2011—so if you live anywhere near southwestern Pennsylvania, definitely check this event out. There will be plenty of fiction agents present looking for writers.
(Check out this page if you’re looking for a list of writers conferences.)
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- July 23, 2016: “Get Published” Conference of Tennessee (Nashville, TN)
- July 30, 2016: Colorado Writing Workshop (Denver, CO)
- Aug. 12-14, 2016: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- August 20, 2016: Toronto Writing Workshop (Toronto, Canada)
- Sept. 9, 2016: Sacramento Writers Conference (Sacramento, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Writing Workshop of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Chesapeake Writing Workshop (Washington, DC)
- Oct. 28-30, 2016: Writer’s Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 5-6, 2016: ShowMe Writers Masterclass (Columbia, MO)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 26 – March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
This is PennWriters’ 24th annual writers conference, geared to writers of all levels and genres. The theme this year is “Craft and Career.” The event is held from May 13-15, 2011. There are some optional pre-conference classes on May 12. The venue is the Pittsburgh Airport Marriott.
WHO WILL BE THERE?
#1 NYTimes Bestseller Jacquelyn Mitchard (The Deep End of the Ocean, The Most Wanted, A Theory of Relativity)
Saturday Keynote: Jonathan Maberry, New York Times bestseller and multiple Bram Stoker Award-winning author, and Pennwriters member.
Literary agents (with pitch appointments available):
- Janet Reid (FinePrint Literary)
- Barbara Poelle (Irene Goodman Agency)
- Denise Little (Ethan Ellenberg Agency)
- Victoria Skurnick (Levine Greenberg)
- Marcy Posner (Folio Literary)
— There are 50 one-hour workshops on writing, marketing, and the book industry. There will be sessions on how to format your writing, how to find a literary agent, and how to market your books.
— On May 12, there are optional all-day intensive classes with CJ Lyons (character-driven plotting), Ramona Long (self-editing), and the contributors to the new writing guide Many Genres, One Craft, based on the Seton Hill University Writing Popular Fiction Graduate Program
— Read and critiques (query critiques and editing services) with agents, editors, and published authors
— A genre networking lunch is also available.
I Will Instruct At These Great Writing Events in 2015:
- June 5-6, 2015: Books in Progress Conference (Lexington, KY)
- June 25-28, 2015: Jackson Hole Writers Conference (Jackson Hole, WY)
- July 31- Aug. 2, 2015: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
- Sept. 12, 2015: Michigan Writing Workshop (Detroit, MI)
- Oct 9: San Diego Writers’ Conference (San Diego, CA)
- Oct 10: The Writing Conference of Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA)
- Oct. 17, 2015: Books by the Banks Book Festival (Cincinnati, OH)
- Oct. 24, 2015: Indiana Writers’ Conference (Indianapolis, IN)
- Nov. 13, 2015: Connecticut Writing Workshop (Hartford, CT)
- Nov 14, 2015: Boston Writing Conference (Boston, MA)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.