I (Chuck) Will Instruct At These Great Writing Events in 2015:
- June 5-6, 2015: Books in Progress Conference (Lexington, KY)
- June 25-28, 2015: Jackson Hole Writers Conference (Jackson Hole, WY)
- July 31- Aug. 2, 2015: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
- Sept. 12, 2015: Michigan Writing Workshop (Detroit, MI)
- Oct 9, 2015: San Diego Writers’ Conference (San Diego, CA)
- Oct 10, 2015: The Writing Conference of Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA)
- Oct. 17, 2015: Books by the Banks Book Festival (Cincinnati, OH)
- Oct. 24, 2015: Indiana Writers’ Conference (Indianapolis, IN)
- Nov. 13, 2015: Connecticut Writing Workshop (Hartford, CT)
- Nov 14, 2015: Boston Writing Conference (Boston, MA)
This conference is likely the biggest one in New England all year round, if that tells you anything right off the bat. Plenty of agents will be there looking for writers, and there are opportunities to mix and mingle and pitch.
There are presentations and seminars galore. Authors and editors teach, and everyone is on publishing panels. Personally, I will be instructing authors on book proposal writing and writing a query to agents.
WHO WILL BE THERE?
Miriam Altshuler (Miriam Altshuler Literary Agency); Julie Barer (Barer Literary Agency); Eve Bridburg (Zachary Shuster Harmsworth Literary); Michelle Brower (Wendy Sherman Associates); Sorche Fairbank (Fairbank Literary Representation); Katherine Fausset (Curtis Brown, Ltd.); Mollie Glick (Foundry Media); Jeanne Leiby (Editor, The Southern Review); Dan Mandel (Sanford J. Greenburger Associates); Kirsten Manges (Kirsten Manges Literary); PJ Mark (McCormick & Williams); Kate McKean (Howard Morhaim Literary); Rob McQuilkin (Lippincott Massie McQuilkin); Asya Muchnick (Editor, Little Brown); Katharine Sands (Sarah Jane Freymann Literary); Mitchell Waters (Curtis Brown, Ltd.); Elisabeth Weed (Weed Literary); Lane Zachary (Zachary Shuster Harmsworth Literary)
There is the Manuscript Mart feature to the conference, where an agent will critique some of your work for a fee, but believe that may be sold out. Nonetheless, there will be some other last-minute deals to take a look out, such as my very own “Walk-In Query Clinic” where I just sit down and take a look at a query in real time.