I Will Instruct At These Great Writing Events Soon:
- Oct. 24, 2014: Atlanta Writers Fall Conference (Atlanta, GA)
- Feb. 6, 2015: Kentucky Writing Conference (Louisville, KY)
- Feb. 7, 2015: Tennessee Writers Conference (Nashville, KY)
- Feb. 20, 2015: Portland Writing Workshop (Portland, OR)
- Feb. 21, 2015: Seattle Writers Workshop (Seattle, WA)
- March 27-28, 2015: Chesapeake Writing Conferences (Baltimore and DC)
- April 17-18, 2015: Carolina Writing Workshop Conferences (Charlotte, NC and Columbia, SC)
- May 15, 2015: Milwaukee Writers Conference (Milwaukee, WI)
- May 16, 2015: Chicago Writers Workshop (Chicago, IL)
- June 25-28, 2015: Jackson Hole Writers Conference (Jackson Hole, WY)
- July 31- Aug. 2, 2015: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- October 2015: Books by the Banks Book Festival (Cincinnati, OH)
Vegas, baby. Do I seriously need to go on? Besides the electric and exciting locale, the conference pulls in a boatlet of publishing pros and purposefully keeps attendance to a certain point, so there is plenty of writer-agent interaction.
WHO WILL BE THERE?
Andrea Brown of Andrea Brown Literary, Katharine Sands of Sarah Jane Freymann Literary, Mollie Glick of Foundry Literary + Media, Jim McCarthy of Dystel & Goderich, Ellen Pepus of Siganture Literary, Lori Perkins (L. Perkins Associates), Toni Plummer (editor, Thomas Dunne Books) and Ken Sherman (Ken Sherman Associates). That doesn’t include the author-presenters! Check out the Web site for more presenter names.
The contest deadline has passed. Note: This event is big on pitching — meaning that all speakers in attendance usually are taking a lot of pitches and having plenty of facetime with writers. That’s music to a writer’s ears if they want to meet with agents up close.
If you’re free in two weeks, sign up for the conference!