I’ve been to the Jackson Hole Writers Conference before, and let me tell you: It is probably the most beautiful location for any conference I’ve ever seen. The Grand Tetons, the cute little shops, all the hiking trails. The location, combined with a great faculty of agents, editors and authors, makes a compelling case as to why you should think about going to the 2011 Conference. If you were looking for a conference that doubles as a scenic vacation, this is as good as it gets. It’s also a great event to find a literary agent.
(Check out this page if you’re looking for a list of writers conferences.)
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- July 23, 2016: “Get Published” Conference of Tennessee (Nashville, TN)
- July 30, 2016: Colorado Writing Workshop (Denver, CO)
- Aug. 12-14, 2016: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- August 20, 2016: Toronto Writing Workshop (Toronto, Canada)
- Sept. 9, 2016: Sacramento Writers Conference (Sacramento, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Writing Workshop of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Chesapeake Writing Workshop (Washington, DC)
- Oct. 28-30, 2016: Writer’s Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 5-6, 2016: ShowMe Writers Masterclass (Columbia, MO)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 26 – March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
The conference is from June 23-26, 2011, in Jackson, WY, held at the Center for the Arts.
Last time I was at the conference, my wife and
I went on a hot air balloon ride. Extraordinary.
WHO WILL BE THERE?
- Rebecca Strauss, McIntosh & Otis, Inc.
- Amy Williams, McCormick & Williams.
- Seth Fishman, The Gernert Company
- Kirby Kim, William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
I Will Instruct At These Great Writing Events in 2015:
- June 5-6, 2015: Books in Progress Conference (Lexington, KY)
- June 25-28, 2015: Jackson Hole Writers Conference (Jackson Hole, WY)
- July 31- Aug. 2, 2015: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
- Sept. 12, 2015: Michigan Writing Workshop (Detroit, MI)
- Oct 9: San Diego Writers’ Conference (San Diego, CA)
- Oct 10: The Writing Conference of Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA)
- Oct. 17, 2015: Books by the Banks Book Festival (Cincinnati, OH)
- Oct. 24, 2015: Indiana Writers’ Conference (Indianapolis, IN)
- Nov. 13, 2015: Connecticut Writing Workshop (Hartford, CT)
- Nov 14, 2015: Boston Writing Conference (Boston, MA)
I know that a big part of this conference is the query letter critiques. You have the option to submit your work for critique, and get it seen by three different people, getting three different opinions for on your writing. This, summed up in one word, can be invaluable. See all conference info here.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- 10 Writing Myths.
- Agent Interview: Mel Flashman of Trident Media.
- Is Literary Fiction Boring? Here’s Why One Author Says NO.
- Do You Need Multiple Agents If You Write in Multiple Genres?
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.