Live anywhere within driving distance of Athens, GA? Check out the Harriette Austin Writers Conference. I have attended the conference before in 2008 and am a big fan of the event. It’s a decently large conference, but the people are very friendly and inviting. There’s a good mix of New York writing instruction with the hospitality and charm of the South.
(Check out this page if you’re looking for a list of writers conferences.)
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
This is an annual event. The event goes down on July 22–23, 2011, at the University of Georgia in Athens, GA. This is the event’s 17th year, and it usually draws about 200 people.
WHO WILL BE THERE?
- Agent Paul S. Levine, who runs his own agency outside of Los Angeles.
- Agent Robin Mizell, a literary agent seeking new clients.
- Agent Amanda Luedeke of the Chip MacGregor Literary Agency. She is also seeking lots of new clients.
- (And more agents)
- There are a bunch of authors there, some of them presenting on topics. See the full presenter list online.
- And I will be there presenting! I will also have editing services for those who signed up for a partial manuscript critique.
There is a very awesome manuscript critique program where you can get your work critiqued by multiple presenters (agents, editors, etc.). That is always a valuable element for any attendee. Learn more and sign up for the event here!
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.