One of the largest writing conferences anywhere on the west coast is approaching quickly: the 2012 San Francisco Writers Conference, happening Feb. 16-19, 2012 (President’s Day weekend). This event typically sells out every year and attracts more than 20 literary agents, to say nothing of the large amount of authors and editors who are also part of the program. Keep reading to learn more.
(See a large list of writers conferences.)
There are more writers conference speakers here than I can even name. Just see them all on the Speaker Page. But know for starters that more than 20 literary agents are there as well as more than 10 editors (including me). That is a lot of people to rub elbows with and pitch. Perhaps you will meet with me, as I am editing query letters and novel synopses.
Concerning the sessions, a full list of sessions is available online, but know that there are multiple sessions during each time period, allowing attendees to choose their favorite choice each time. There are also keynote lunches, author book signings, “Ask a Pro” sessions on how to sell more books and more.
Lots. Check out the website. Of particular note is the Speed Dating for Writers, where you can meet an agent quickly.
I Will Speak At These Great Writing Events in 2012-2013:
- June 7-8: Clarksville Writers Conference (Clarksville, TN)
- June 22-24: Crested Butte Writers Conference (Crested Butte, CO)
- July 26-28: Midwest Writers Workshop (Muncie, IN)
- Aug. 2-8: Homeric Writers Retreat & Workshop (Isle of Ithaca, Greece)
- Sept. 13-14: Chicago Writers Conference (Chicago, IL)
- Feb. 14-17, 2013: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- April 5-7. 2013: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- April 19-20, 2013: Kentucky Writers Conference (Bowling Green, KY)
- May 17-19, 2013: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- May 23-26, 2013: Writers Guild of Alberta Event (Edmonton, Canada)
- June 7-8, 2013: Carnegie Literary Center “Books-in-Progress Conference” (Lexington, KY)
- June 21-23, 2013: Agents & Editors Conference / Writers League of Texas (Austin, TX)
- July 25-28, 2013: Pacific Northwest Writers Conference (Seattle/Bellevue, WA)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- What Are the BEST Writers’ Conferences to Attend?
- How to Get the Most Out of a Writers’ Conference.
- How to Make a Positive Impression at a Writers’ Conference.
- Using Writers’ Conferences to Your Querying Advantage.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.