I recently returned from the 2013 San Francisco Writers Conference. The event was, as always, very awesome. It’s a conference co-sponsored by WD and the folks out west who organize it (Larsen Pomada Literary Agents and their comrades) do an excellent job with it. The event happens every President’s Day weekend at the Mark Hopkins International in Nob Hill, SF. It’s definitely worth a look for your years to come. At one point, there were a whole bunch of agents on a panel and 4 agents in a row that said they signed clients who came to them at past years of the event. (Confession: I met MY agent at this event! Crazy!)
Below find some pictures from the 2013 conference. (I’ve also blogged about my experiences at the 2012 conference as well as the 2008 conference.) If I met you at this most recent event, thanks for hanging out or coming to one of my sessions. And to the nice man (Rik) who drove me to the airport on Sunday, if you’re reading this, thank you!
I Will Speak At These Great Writing Events in 2014:
- Jan 11, 2014: Capitol City Writing Retreat (Lansing, MI)
- Feb. 1, 2014: Pennwriters Pittsburgh Chapter Event (Pittsburgh, PA)
- March 28-29, 2014: Northern Colorado Writers Conference (Fort Collins, CO)
- March 30 – April 4, 2014: Worship Write With God: Christian Writers Retreat (Asheville, NC)
- April 11-13, 2014: Missouri Writers Guild Conference (St. Louis, MO)
- May 3, 2014: University of Central Arkansas MFA Literary Event (Little Rock/Conroy, AR)
- June 6-8, 2014: Wyoming Writers Conference (Sheridan, WY)
- July 13-16, 2014: Southeastern Writers Conference (St. Simon’s Island, GA)
- Aug. 1-3, 2014: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
- Aug. 5-10, 2014: Texas Writing Retreat (outside Houston, TX)
- October 2014: Books by the Banks Book Festival (Cincinnati, OH)
- November 2014: Atlanta Writers Fall Conference (Atlanta, GA)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.