I recently returned from the 2013 San Francisco Writers Conference. The event was, as always, very awesome. It’s a conference co-sponsored by WD and the folks out west who organize it (Larsen Pomada Literary Agents and their comrades) do an excellent job with it. The event happens every President’s Day weekend at the Mark Hopkins International in Nob Hill, SF. It’s definitely worth a look for your years to come. At one point, there were a whole bunch of agents on a panel and 4 agents in a row that said they signed clients who came to them at past years of the event. (Confession: I met MY agent at this event! Crazy!)
Below find some pictures from the 2013 conference. (I’ve also blogged about my experiences at the 2012 conference as well as the 2008 conference.) If I met you at this most recent event, thanks for hanging out or coming to one of my sessions. And to the nice man (Rik) who drove me to the airport on Sunday, if you’re reading this, thank you!
I Will Speak At These Great Writing Events in 2013-2014:
- April 19-20, 2013: Kentucky Writers Conference (Bowling Green, KY)
- May 17-19, 2013: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- May 23-26, 2013: Writers Guild of Alberta “Words in 3D” Event (Edmonton, Canada)
- June 6-7, 2013: Clarksville Writers Conference (Clarksville, TN)
- June 7-8, 2013: Carnegie Literary Center “Books-in-Progress” Conference (Lexington, KY)
- June 21-23, 2013: Agents & Editors Conference / Writers League of Texas (Austin, TX)
- July 5-6, 2013: Hunt Country Writers Retreat (Middleburg, VA)
- Fall 2013: Writer’s Digest West Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Feb. 2014: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Spring 2014: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- April 11-13, 2014: Missouri Writers Guild Conference (St. Louis, MO)
- June 6-8, 2014: Wyoming Writers Conference (Sheridan, WY)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.