It’s a busy fall to say the least and there are a lot of good writing events happening before the holidays land. (I’ve already blogged about how I will be in Tucson, AZ, Sept. 24-26.) If you live in the greater Cincinnati area, think about popping by to one of the following events.
SEPT. 20, 2010: “MEET THE WD EDITORS” AT JOSEPH BETH
This a two-part event. There is a “Meet the WD Editors” panel going down at 7 p.m. at Joseph Beth Booksellers in Rookwood Pavilion. Basically, we are there to help you on your writing journey. You ask questions; we give answers–it’s that easy and it’s all free. Also, at 5:30 p.m., there will be a quick informal eat & schmooze book party for my humor book that comes out on Sept. 7: How to Survive a Garden Gnome Attack. Come and schmooze.
OCT. 2, 2010: BOOKS BY THE BANKS (BOOK FESTIVAL DOWNTOWN)
Books By the Banks is Cincinnati’s premiere book festival, and it’s happening downtown at the Duke Energy Convention Center. It all goes down from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Free admission.
- More than 100 authors will be there.
- There is a Kids Corner for young readers.
You can see the big list of authors in attendance if you visit the BBTB website online.
OCT. 16, 2010: KENTON COUNTY LIBRARY PRESENTATION
I will be presenting on “Everything You Need to Know About Agents” at 3:30 p.m., at the Erlanger branch of the Kenton County Library in Northern Kentucky. Location: ten minutes south of downtown Cincy. In fact, my speech is the final event of an entire day’s worth of writerly happenings at the library. I don’t see the event online (yet), so I don’t know if it costs to attend. The contact is Venus Moose, venus.moose[at]kentonlibrary[dot]org.
- 10:30am: “Marketing Your Short Story or Novel”
- 1:30pm: “The Freelance Lifestyle: Making a Good Living as a Writer in the 21st Century”
- 3:30pm: “Everything You Need To Know About Agents“
The 2012 Writer’s Digest Conference (Jan. 20-22, New York City)
has more than 70 literary agents in attendance taking pitches from
writers, not to mention three days of sessions on the craft and
business of writing. Learn more here.
- March 18-20, 2011: Festival of Books & Writers Conference (Tallahassee, FL)
- March 26, 2011: Carnegie Writing Center Presentation (Lexington, KY)
- April 5, 2011: Boone County Library Presentation (Cincinnati/Florence)
- April 9, 2011: Reno Writers Conference (Reno, NV)
- April 16-17, 2011: Writers Conference & So. KY Book Fest (Bowling Green, KY)
- May 7, 2011: Houston Writers Guild Conference (Sugar Land, TX)
- June 19, 2011: Holden Arboretum Gnome & Garden Opening (Kirtland, OH)
- June 24-26, 2011: Jackson Hole Writers Conference (Jackson Hole, WY)
- July 13-16, 2011: Clarksville Writers Conference (Clarksville, TN)
- Aug. 4-7, 2011: Pacific Northwest Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- Sept. 22-24, 2011: Hampton Roads Writers Conference (Virginia Beach, VA)
- Oct. 21-23, 2011: South Carolina Writers Workshop (Myrtle Beach, SC)