It’s a busy fall to say the least and there are a lot of good writing events happening before the holidays land. (I’ve already blogged about how I will be in Tucson, AZ, Sept. 24-26.) If you live in the greater Cincinnati area, think about popping by to one of the following events.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
SEPT. 20, 2010: “MEET THE WD EDITORS” AT JOSEPH BETH
This a two-part event. There is a “Meet the WD Editors” panel going down at 7 p.m. at Joseph Beth Booksellers in Rookwood Pavilion. Basically, we are there to help you on your writing journey. You ask questions; we give answers—it’s that easy and it’s all free. Also, at 5:30 p.m., there will be a quick informal eat and schmooze book party for my humor book that comes out on Sept. 7: How to Survive a Garden Gnome Attack. Come and schmooze.
OCT. 2, 2010: BOOKS BY THE BANKS (BOOK FESTIVAL DOWNTOWN)
Books By the Banks is Cincinnati’s premiere book festival, and it’s happening downtown at the Duke Energy Convention Center. It all goes down from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Free admission.
- More than 100 authors will be there.
- There is a Kids Corner for young readers.
You can see the big list of authors in attendance if you visit the BBTB website online.
OCT. 16, 2010: KENTON COUNTY LIBRARY PRESENTATION
I will be presenting on “Everything You Need to Know About Agents” at 3:30 p.m., at the Erlanger branch of the Kenton County Library in Northern Kentucky. Location: ten minutes south of downtown Cincy. In fact, my speech is the final event of an entire day’s worth of writerly happenings at the library. I don’t see the event online (yet), so I don’t know if it costs to attend. The contact is Venus Moose, venus.moose[at]kentonlibrary[dot]org.
- 10:30am: “Marketing Your Short Story or Novel”
- 1:30pm: “The Freelance Lifestyle: Making a Good Living as a Writer in the 21st Century”
- 3:30pm: “Everything You Need To Know About Agents“