On Dec. 13, 2012, we’re pleased to welcome back literary agent & kidlit author John Cusick to our webinar program. Because he is both a successful children’s novelist as well as a literary agent for Greenhouse Literary (formerly of Scott Treimel NY) who reps kids books, John is a remarkably good instructor at explaining how to get young adult and middle grade published. On Dec. 13, he’s teaching “Writing and Selling Science Fiction & Fantasy For Kids/Teens.” If you’re writing in either of these hugely popular genres, let John explain what agents are looking for, and let him give your query letter a critique at the same time!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
All the info is on the official webinar page. Here are some points that John will cover
- How to write for teens and kids—capturing crucial elements such as voice, narration, story, and style
- How to use a history of fantasy and science fiction stories to help create your own story and world
- How to create unique, engrossing worlds, full of depth
- The secret to writing layered and compelling heroes, anti-heroes, villains, and antagonists
- How to spot and stay away from clichés and trend-chasing, and instead create wholly original, standout novels
- How to gain the attention of an agent in this competitive market.
THE QUERY CRITIQUE!
All attendees can turn in a query letter to John for a critique! Don’t pass up this opportunity to get an expert’s thought on your all-important query. Webinar critiques are a great way to get your work in front of agents. Past webinar instructors who have signed clients after webinars include Barbara Poelle (Irene Goodman Literary), Kathleen Ortiz (New Leaf Literary), and Louise Fury (L. Perkins Agency).
Look on the official webinar page for all information! The webinar happens at 1 p.m. EST, Dec. 13, 2013, and lasts 90 minutes.