Literary agent Jordy Albert (The Booker Albert Literary Agency) recently reached out to me and asked for an agent spotlight. She wants to get the word out about how she is actively seeking young adult, middle grade and new adult submissions from new authors. Read on to see if she’s a good fit for your work.
About Jordy: Jordy Albert is a Literary Agent and co-founder of The Booker Albert Literary Agency. She holds a B.A. in English from Pennsylvania State University, and a M.A. from Millersville University of Pennsylvania. She has worked with Marisa Corvisiero during her time at the L. Perkins Agency and the Corvisiero Literary Agency. Jordy also works as a freelance editor/PR Director. She enjoys studying languages (French/Japanese), spends time teaching herself how to knit, is a HUGE fan of Doctor Who, and loves dogs. Find her on Twitter.
She is seeking:
- Middle Grade: contemporary, fantasy, action/adventure, or historical.
- YA: Open to pretty much any genre; however, she’s looking especially for YA that has a very strong romantic element–or which romance plays an integral part in the plot).
- New Adult romance and romance (again, open to pretty much any genre).
Submission instructions: Please send query and first 10 pages of manuscript pasted into the body of the email (no attachments please) to email@example.com
Upcoming conferences: The RT Convention: https://www.rtconvention.com
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Why Your Work May Be Getting Rejected by Agents.
- NEW Literary Agent Seeking Writers: Linda Glaz of Hartline Literary.
- What Are Beta Readers? (And Do You Need Them?)
- Sell More Books by Building Your Author Platform.
- Write Now, Edit Later.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.