Abby Saul recently left Browne & Miller Literary Associates to form her own agency, The Lark Group. She’s actively seeking submissions and building her client list. Check out more info on her below and see if she is a good fit for your work.
About The Lark Group: The Lark Group is a new literary agency seeking adult commercial and literary fiction. Founder Abby Saul is bringing her decade-long experience editing and working with bestselling authors and brands to this new venture. In her own words: “Publishing is continuing to change, but readers are still reading. The Lark Group is an opportunity to provide individual and proactive representation to debut and established authors, as well as create an agile space for publishing experimentation and innovation. Let’s talk books!”
About Abby: Abby Saul founded The Lark Group after a decade in publishing at John Wiley & Sons, Sourcebooks, and Browne & Miller Literary Associates. She’s worked with and edited best-selling and award-winning authors as well as major brands. At each publishing group she’s been a part of, Abby also has helped to establish ebook standards, led company-wide forums to explore new digital possibilities for books, and created and managed numerous digital initiatives. A zealous reader who loves her iPad and the ebooks on it, she still can’t resist the lure of a print book. Abby’s personal library of beloved titles runs the gamut from literary newbies and classics, to cozy mysteries, to sappy women’s fiction, to dark and twisted thrillers. She’s looking for great and engrossing adult commercial and literary fiction. A magna cum laude graduate of Wellesley College, Abby spends her weekends—when she’s not reading—cooking and hiking with her husband. Find her @BookySaul on Twitter.
Writing books/novels for kids & teens? There are hundreds
of publishers, agents and other markets listed in the
latest Children’s Writer’s & Illustrator’s Market.
Buy it online at a discount.
She is seeking: adult fiction that pulls her in and doesn’t let go. Specifically, historical fiction, women’s fiction, mysteries, and thrillers.
How to submit: Abby requests you check out her submissions page, as it can change from time to time: http://www.larkwords.com/how-to-query/
Check Out These Great 2017 Writers’ Conferences:
- Oct. 28–30, 2016: Writer’s Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- Feb. 26–March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- July 22, 2017: Tennessee Writers Workshop (Nashville, TN)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)