- Every entry will be read by the judges. Judges’ decisions are final. Judges reserve the right to re-categorize entries.
- Entries must be postmarked by June 3, 2013. We cannot return submitted manuscripts so keep a copy for your records. To receive notification of the receipt of your manuscript, send a self-addressed stamped postcard along with your entry. Please note that it may take up to 30 days after the deadline for all entries to be opened and sent to the judges.
- The Grand Prize Winner must agree to travel (flying from the same city) during the conference dates in 2014. The editors or agents who meet with the Grand Prize Winner are under no obligation to read, buy or represent the Grand Prize Winner’s work.
- The following are not permitted to enter the contest: employees of F+W Media, Inc., and their immediate family members; Writer’s Digest contributing editors and correspondents as listed on our masthead; Writer’s Online Workshops instructors; and Grand Prize Winners from the previous three years.
- Top Award Winners will be notified by mail before October 19, 2013. The top 10 winners in each category will be listed in the November/December 2013 issue of Writer’s Digest. All winners’ names will be listed in the 81st Annual Writer’s Digest Competition Collection and at www.writersdigest.com after the December issue is published. Prizes will be mailed by November 15, 2013.
Free Writing Downloads
Website of the Week